Well don’t be afraid because there is a wealth of information available online and in articles such as this that will get you up to speed on this latest technology. Find your phone fast with the brand new, free app called Find My iPhone. It lets you remotely access your phone to provide you with coordinates on a map, turn the volume up so the phone can be heard from under thick cushions, or lock the phone and wipe all data in case of theft.
Tips to consider:
- To disable your edge connection or 3G GRPS connection, press the setting button. Then tap general, network, and cellular data network. When you get to the field that asks for your APN username and password, put in a few words that will prevent your iPhone from giving providers the right values. Then restart your phone.
- Download and sign up with the Find My iPhone app. This invaluable application can help you locate your iPhone in the event that it is lost or stolen. This app not only allows you to display a message on the screen or cause the phone to ring extra-loud, but it allows you to wipe data or lock your phone from a remote location.
- Do not use any accessories for your iphone that are not made by apple. Other company’s accessories have been proven to drain the batteries of the iphone, leaving them almost useless because they die so quickly. They can also cause other operation problems, so be sure that you always use apple accessories with your iphone.
- You can edit the pictures you take on your iPhone. Go to the picture you want to edit. Once you find the picture, click the Edit button in the top right corner. This will allow you to fix red eye, crop, rotate or auto enhance. After you make your fix, click Save in the top right corner.
- If you need to get back up to the top of a page, there is no need to use the scroll bar to slowly make your way up a long web page or email. Simply tap the bar at the top with the clock and you will be right back where you started. This is a simple shortcut that can save you time.
- There is a way you can take pictures faster instead of going through your apps. Double-tap on the Home button, and the camera icon will be available for you to tap. This even works if have your iPhone locked. Once you do this, use the volume up button to take the picture.
- Search from the list of applications in the App Store on your iPhone to add different types of functions to your phone that are beneficial and practical. There are millions of apps to choose from, which can help make your iPhone experience more unique and fun than one you would receive from a typical phone.
- If you are considering selling your iPhone, make sure you erase all of its settings and content prior to doing so to protect your privacy. There is a simple way to do this. Click on your iPhone’s settings button and enter the General section. At the bottom of this screen is a Reset area where there is a button that allows you to erase everything from your phone, including the settings.
- Don’t scribble that phone number you searched for onto a scrap of paper. If you locate a number in Safari that you would like to call, there is no need to use the regular dialer. Just tap on the phone number, instead, and the phone will call it automatically.
Lock your screen, if you need to. If your iphone seems to have trouble determining whether it’s up or down, try locking your screen. The constant shift between portrait and landscape can get rather frustrating. By going into your settings or, sometimes, by just checking the bottom of your screen, you can lock your phone’s screen to one or the other. Everyone is always curious about new technology but most often are confused as to how it works. Now after you just read the information from above, you should have a better understand of what the iphone is all about. Apply the tips and tricks you learned today and use it when you get your first iphone.