The BBC iPlayer is a versatile treasure trove of excellent British entertainment. Unfortunately, though, iPlayer is only available to residents of the United Kingdom. Individuals with a valid BBC TV Licence only can access the BBC iPlayer.
Residents outside the UK cannot view any content since the BBC employs geographic media restrictions to prohibit access to those without a UK IP address. If you are a UK resident traveling overseas, you will also not be able to view anything even if you have a legal permit.
Continue reading if you are a UK resident living overseas or if you do not live in the UK but want to access BBC iPlayer. Today’s post will show you how to watch BBC iPlayer on Kodi.
The Three Essentials to Have
Before we dive in, check that you have the following elements:
A Kodi media player
Kodi’s functionality as an all-in-one media center is impressive, and it is not always as simple as downloading a few apps. There are a plethora of add-ons and plugins available to improve your Kodi experience.
For its availability, ease of usage, and vast spectrum of compatibility, PlayerWWW is a trendy add-on. It allows you to access the iPlayer with Kodi from almost anywhere with an internet service.
Downloading and launching the add-on is simple regardless of your device. iPlayer WWW is accessible from the authorized Kodi add-on repository.
A Kodi and iPlayer-compatible VPN
If iPlayer is not licensed in your area, you will also require a Virtual private network. A VPN will allow access to iPlayer from anywhere on the planet.
Activating iPlayer on Kodi
Follow the instructions below to get iPlayer operating on your Kodi system.
- Go to the Kodi webpage and download the Kodi edition you require. Select the appropriate installation based on whether your platform is 32-bit or 64-bit.
- After setting up Kodi, you will need to download the iPlayerWWW add-on. To start, go to the Settings menu and then to Add-ons.
- Now go to Search and type in iPlayerWWW. The relevant add-on will be found as a result of the research. To locate the installer, select it, and then choose Install.
- A screen will appear informing you that specific extra add-ons will be downloaded. These are needed, so select OK.
- iPlayerWWW will therefore display the words “Downloading” and “Installing.” Allow it to conclude.
- When the setup is done, a checkmark will appear beside iPlayerWWW. To launch the app, just select it and then choose Open.
Choosing a Compatible VPN
If you reside in the United Kingdom, activating iPlayer on Kodi is all you will need to start watching BBC iPlayer programs on Kodi. If you are somewhere else in the globe and wish to use the same services, you will need to join a UK server.
The solution to this is using a Kodi-compatible VPN. Virtual Private Networks are encrypted technologies supplied by open Web customers or private corporations. Their main goal is to provide more protection, privacy, and obscurity to individuals who employ them.
Anyone can benefit from the assistance provided by a reputable VPN supplier. If you use a Kodi VPN, it is evident that, given the platform’s nature, you would be better off safeguarding your information while using it. Moreover, since many popular Kodi add-ons are geo-blocked, using a VPN would definitely be beneficial.
If you grasp how to download a VPN on Kodi, you can connect to a specific location and quickly access every geo-restricted add-on. With a VPN, you can also escape the ISP intentionally slowing your connectivity. You can now enjoy a peaceful streaming experience on your Kodi with a VPN.
Every add-on is a minor component of the puzzle, Kodi. With this application, you can assemble an entire entertainment perspective. On Kodi, you can watch BBC iPlayer shows using a competent add-on and a suitable VPN. It operates with authorized add-ons or complementary streaming media validated as functioning plugins and benefits from community input.