How you live your life from this point forward and what’s possible for you down the road, are all things you need to consider. Read up on these cancer tips in the article, to help you get a better idea of what you’re dealing with. Vitamin C is a natural enemy to cancer. Vitamin C tricks tumors into thinking they are getting sugar, which cancer cells feed on. When cancer uases vitamin C as an energy source, The vitamin begins to destroy cancer cells, thus slowing down their multiplication. In turn, the growth of tumors can be slowed down.
Tips to follow:
- While you are experiencing cancer, do not try to be a lone wolf and do everything yourself. Your friends and family can help you accomplish things while you battle cancer. Friends and family can complete chores, cook meals, and run errands to help you preserve your strength and energy.
- There are many different ways that people cope with cancer. Some of them good and some of them bad. Find a good way to cope with cancer. Some good coping methods include relaxation techniques, such as meditation, doing leisure activities or writing your feelings down in a journal.
- Although it sounds like a pointless tip, one of the best things you can do with cancer is to keep your spirits up. Being in low spirits and not being able to motivate yourself to get healthy is just one way that cancer can spread and dominate your life. There’s always a possibility of getting better, even in dire cases.
- If you are active, your chance of being diagnosed with colon cancer goes down by about 40%. When you regularly work your body, you give it the tools you need to fight off cancer as well as to resist other diseases like diabetes. Strive always to stay active.
- People who drink orange juice are less likely to contract stomach cancer due to the vitamin C contained within. Many studies have shown that 1000mg of vitamin C per day can all but eliminate stomach cancer, but even a small glass of OJ every day, containing around 40mg of vitamin C, can help you prevent it.
- Try limiting fat in your diet. By decreasing the amount of fat, you will lower your cancer risk. Avoid frying, especially deep frying. There are alternatives to frying such as baking, roasting, broiling, and steaming. Try to buy the low or non fat versions of your favorite foods, like milk and yogurt.
- Drinking a lot of water is a great way to not only help with taking your cancer medications, but also to prevent cancer altogether. Ample water in your system is great for your kidneys and will help to prevent constipation. It also helps to keep you properly hydrated, in order to keep your cells healthy.
- It is suggested that young woman get the Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine before they begin to become sexually active. The vaccine is said to help prevent cervical cancer. HPV is one of the highest risk factors involved with cervical cancer. Other factors include family history. Getting a pap smear regularly is also a great form of prevention.
- Maintain an honest approach when dealing with someone who has cancer. Your friend or family member may have to make difficult decisions about their future needs, and they need to know what to expect. It is also important to share as much information as possible with other family members, so they can begin dealing with their own emotions.
- A great way of avoiding cancer is, DO NOT SMOKE! At least three in every ten cancer deaths is linked to smoking as cigarettes are filled with poisons and chemicals that you inhale with every drag. Quitting is not easy but your body will thank you daily for doing so.
Many imaging centers give you the opportunity to get the results from your screening while you are there. You may need to look around to find the center that will do this for you but you will not have to sit around waiting to learn the results. Knowing quickly is going to make it easier for you to deal with. Now that you have a better idea and understanding about what cancer entails and the different ways you can help to prevent and treat it, you can begin to develop a plan of attack so that you may find the true and lasting cure for this nasty and deadly disease.