. If you are overweight, you have to be very careful about wearing clothes that have stripes. Make sure you wear vertical stripes if you are going to wear any at all. Wearing stripes that run horizontally will only do the trick of making you look larger than you really are.
Tips to Consider:
- Don’t go out and just buy things because they are on sale and it’s just something that is too good of a deal to pass up. If you don’t look good in it, you’ll never wear it again. You will waste your money because you will never wear it.
- Read fashion magazines at least once a month. If you want to stay up to date on what is hot and what is not you need to do your research. Fashion magazines will keep you informed through each season and as trends develop. If you feel that you ate still missing out there are television shows dedicated to fashion as well.
- Ask your family how they feel about the way you dress. Tell them that you are considering changing the way you dress and that you would like some constructive feedback from them. They can help you figure out a style that works for you since they know the most about how you’ve dressed your while life.
- Always dress respectfully for the occasion. Don’t wear a tube top if you’re going to a wedding, and don’t shorts to the prom. Learn to respect fashion traditions, even if you’re tempted to defy them for no good reason. Is it really going to hurt to to put on that tie Mom wants you to wear to church? Showing respect in how you dress will gain you respect in return.
- When purchasing jeans, go for timeless looks. For example, classic straight leg or boot cut jeans never go out of style. Opt for either of these styles in either a dark denim or slightly faded to remain in style throughout the years. By opting for these styles, you will always be in style no matter the current fashion.
- Just because a trend is popular, that does not mean you have to follow it. What looks amazing for a runway model might not look great on you. Consider different fashion tips, and follow your own desired tastes. You should follow your natural instincts. They’ll lead you right.
- One great fashion tip is to take into consideration the type of care that a garment requires before purchasing it. This is a great idea because if you get something that is dry clean only or hand wash only, you might either end up ruining it or never using it.
- Try not to be disheartened if someone makes a remark about your appearance. Not everyone has to look like they belong in Hollywood. As long as you dress in the way that feels comfortable to you, then others will appreciate your style.
- The most popular colors nowadays for clothing are pastel colors. More specifically, mint green has been making a huge comeback this season. So, if you are into keeping up with the latest styles, purchase a nice mint green dress, pair of heels, purse and use green makeup and nail polish.
- When finding the right coat, it is important that you find one with the right fit. A good coat will flatten the shape of your upper body. It should be just loose enough so that you can reach insider to get something out of your breast pocket. Any looser and your look will not be chic.
- Shop at your local resale shops and garage sales. Being fashionable does not mean spending a thousand dollars on an outfit. You can use pieces that are no longer in style and create a new style by putting them together. With all the big-box stores out there you can do this to be original.
Own a nice large set of black sunglasses. If you have red eyes from a rough night or under eye bags from a poor night’s sleep, you can hide them with a stylish pair of sunglasses. They are a classic, glamorous style and evoke Audrey Hepburn or Jackie Kennedy. A nice pair can be had at a good price. Some people feel lost in the world of fashion. Do not remain ignorant about fashion. Use the information you just learned.