When you are planning your wedding, make sure you look at the tips in this article. If you had a very important person in your life who passed away, go into your jewelry box and find a piece of jewelry that belonged to them and wear it on the wedding. This will keep them right near you on one of the most important days of your life.
Tips to consider:
- The dress is usually the single most important part of the wedding, as you will want to look your best and fit at the same time. Develop a price range as to how much you want to spend on your dress and find the best one that fits your budget.
- When planning your wedding, keep in mind the weather. You want your guests to be comfortable in your wedding, and it would be bad to having them overly hot or cold. If your wedding is when it is hot outside, consider giving out hand fans and cold bottles of water. If you are planning your wedding in colder weather, let your guests know that they should dress appropriately.
- If you are planning a tropical destination wedding or honeymoon on the beach, opt for inexpensive sandals with a thin rattan or jelly sole. These shoes can be easily embellished to match your bridal gown or beach attire by adding on ribbons, vintage brooches, silk or fresh flowers, or even clusters of crystals.
- Here’s a fun tip – practice your wedding kiss! You want to make it sincere and not sexy, not too short but not too long. NO TONGUE! Practice how you’ll hold your partner’s face, if you choose to, or where your hands will be otherwise. You only get one shot, so you’ll need LOTS of practice beforehand!
- Don’t get drunk! If you don’t want your guests getting inebriated and making a scene, then you don’t want to behave like that either. Keep your alcohol intake to a minimum so you can actually remember the night you had for the rest of your life and not end up on the nightly news.
- Do not spend a fortune on your honeymoon. Nowadays, there are many websites that can help set you up with a honeymoon package that will save you money. Also, if your wedding is in the summer, you may want to consider putting your honeymoon off until winter, when vacation packages are cheaper.
- Consider getting married on a weekday. Most wedding venues are much cheaper to hire on weekdays than on weekends, and many venues offer couples specials deals on bar and catering costs if they book their wedding on a weekday. Just make sure that all your important wedding guests can get time off work to attend.
- If you are on a budget, consider scheduling your reception for around lunchtime. People don’t tend to overdo it on the alcohol during this time of day, which saves you money on beer. Lunch receptions are usually cheaper than dinner ones, and you can use this to either get better food or apply funds towards another aspect of the wedding festivities.
- Create a social media page for your guests to easily RSVP. These online resources are a great way to not only keep up with your guest list, it will also create a source of communication focused on your special day that can build excitement or even allow you to find suggestions in regards to your wedding day needs.
- When you are getting married you should pick a festive theme for your wedding. Having a themed wedding adds interest to your special day. Decide early and inform your guests with custom invitations reflecting your theme. Ask them to dress the part. Make the theme be anything you ever dreamed.
Do not invite everyone that you have ever met to your wedding. If you go out of your way to invite people that wouldn’t have even known you were getting married, you will just be wasting your time and money. They really don’t care if they barely know you, so why spend extra money for them to come? If you’ll be happy with a Las Vegas wedding or a trip to the courthouse, go ahead and do it. If you are looking for a traditional wedding, use these tips to help you plan the wedding of your dreams, that you can be proud of.