This handpicked selection of tips and tricks can provide the perfect starting point for anyone who wants to learn more about this painful condition. Make sure you are getting enough sleep. The stiffness and pain that is common in arthritis can lead to debilitating fatigue, and many of the treatments for the condition can also cause fatigue. Do what you can to ensure a good night’s sleep every night, and you’ll feel better and be healthier.
Tips to consider:
- Make time in your day to do the things you love. Increased stress levels can lead to more arthritis flare-ups. If you find time to do the activities you enjoy, you’ll improve your mood and your energy levels. This kind of effect will lead to lasting improvement for your symptoms.
- Place it on your thigh, then utilize your hand to depress it. This will save your sensitive fingers from pain, and make the clipping task easier for you to do.
- It is important that you have enough calcium in your diet if you suffer from arthritis. Medical research has proven that inflammatory arthritis conditions are worse if a person does not have enough calcium in their diet. You can find calcium in many different foods, including milk, cheese, and ice cream.
- If you are an arthritis sufferer, avoid wearing uncomfortable shoes and high heels. Shoes that aren’t comfortable will only exacerbate your arthritis and hurt your posture and back. Invest in a good pair of sneakers that give you plenty of support.
- If you are a woman who suffers from arthritis in your back, you may want to think about changing what bras you wear. Believe it or not, certain bras can make your arthritis worse by putting pressure on your back. There are actually bras that are made just for women with arthritis.
- For people who suffer from chronic arthritis, be careful when choosing a pet for your family. Remember, if your arthritis is acting up or even gets worse, it may be hard for you to care for your pet. Instead, you may want to consider getting a pet that is easier to take care, such as a fish.
- Learn tai-chi. Tai-chi is a mind and body connective technique, that is also a form of light martial arts. Using tai-chi can help to convince yourself your body is not in as much pain as your mind believes. Some arthritis sufferers even claim that the use of this method allows them to use their mind to convince their body they are more flexible.
- If you have osteoarthritis in your knees, consider speaking to your physician about electrical stimulation and its benefits. This treatment has been proven to reduce pain from arthritis by reducing swelling.
- For those that have arthritis in their knees, Hyaluronic acid injections are a great option. Because people who have arthritis in their knees are lacking lubrication to keep their joints in top condition, these injections are a great way to give knees lubrication. Speak with your doctor before taking these injections.
- One thing you can do for your joint aches and pains is to give yourself a break with a vacation or some simple time off at home. You want rest and a lot of it, and the best way to stock up on good old rest is by taking that vacation you have always dreamed of, or even by just taking the phone off the hook and laying in bed for a couple days. This gives your joints relief from your daily routine of constantly going.
Use gardening as an effective therapy against arthritis. There are so many studies out there about arthritis, natural therapies, and one of the top therapies identified is gardening. Simply planting a small garden in your backyard or gardening with some pals can be such a great help in relaxation and relief of your pain. Whether you are struggling with the pain of arthritis or know someone else who is, the advice in this article is invaluable. Follow these tips and learn how to live with arthritis without allowing the pain to control you and keep you from doing the things that you love and enjoy.