Remote online notarization is very important to the people who require it. Many do not know what it is and how it works, but they will only learn when they have tried to use it themselves. Although many countries have begun implementing remote online notarization in their respective legal systems, a few states have not yet done so.
What is notarization?
It is a process during which documents are notarized electronically. When you are signing and submitting these documents to the government for approval, there is no need for you or your client to be physically present in front of a notary.
What is remote online notarization?
It is notarizing documents electronically, where both the signer and the notary are in different locations. The notary must identify the signer through visual means, such as video conference, and witness the document’s signing.
Two different methods are used: secured video conferencing and electronic verification.
During secure video conferencing sessions, two different parties can speak to each other using a webcam or a telephone. It is the most commonly used method for remote online notarization.
The second method, electronic verification, is done by the notary sending a unique code to the signer’s email. The signer must then input this code on a website that will verify their identity. After the signer’s identity is verified, they can proceed to sign the document electronically.
The requirements you need to know
A few requirements must be met for remote online notarization to be possible.
- First, the notary must be physically present in the state where they are commissioned.
- Second, they must have a webcam or a telephone that can be used for the video conference.
- Third, they must have a reliable internet connection.
- Fourth, they must have a computer that meets the minimum technical requirements for the software used in electronic notarization.
- Fifth, they must be familiar with their state’s laws and regulations regarding remote online notarization.
- Sixth, they must be registered with the Secretary of State’s office as an electronic notary public.
Suppose you are an online notary interested in performing remote online notarization. In that case, you must meet all these requirements and familiarize yourself with the laws and regulations of your state before you begin working.
How does remote online notarization work?
- The first thing you need to do is find a notary who is willing to do the remote online notarization for you. You can look for one in your state or any other state that has legalized this system.
- Once you have found a notary, the next thing you need to do is to send the documents that need to be notarized to the notary. You can do this electronically or through the mail.
- After the notary has received the documents, you will need to schedule an appointment with the notary. During this appointment, the notary will identify you through visual means, such as video conference, and witness you signing the document.
- Once the notary has verified your identity and witnessed you sign the document, the notary will electronically certify and seal your document. The notarized documents can now be submitted to the appropriate government agencies.
- If you need a remote online notarization service, many companies offer this service in most states where it is legal. You can search for these companies online or on the yellow pages.
Many websites offer this service. You can visit these websites and schedule an appointment with a notary. Once you have scheduled an appointment, you will need to send the documents to be notarized to the notary.
There are several ways when it comes to remote online notarization:
- For one, it involves submitting documents online through a secure network to an authorized electronic notary. The authorized electronic notary will then review the document and certify it to ensure its authenticity.
- Another method used for remote online notarization is known as e-signatures. It is where an electronic copy of the document is sent to the notary, who will then sign it electronically.
- One last method that can be used for remote online notarization is video conferencing. It is where the notary and the person who needs the document notarized will connect through a video call, and the notary will do the notarization through face-to-face interaction.
Overall, remote online notarization is a very convenient and efficient way for people to get their documents certified. Whether you are an individual looking to have your passport application signed or a business owner wanting your legal documentation notarized, remote online notarization can be a great option for you.