However, things have changed a lot over the last few years. If you have not been downloading music recently, you may need some help navigating the various options. Use the following tips to find your way around. One great music downloader you should consider is the Amazon MP3 downloader. You can buy music downloads on Amazon.com, or you can search for all kinds of free downloads with this. Click “Get mp3” on any song you wish to download, and if if the downloader isn’t already installed, you’ll get a prompt for downloading it. After that, choose “Download Song” on the song, and it start downloading it. Then, it will open in the program on your system that opens mP3s.
Tips to consider:
- A great tip when downloading music is to preview similar artists on itunes. Most of the time, itunes will show a dozen of similar songs and artists on the right whenever you highlight a song in your library. This can be a great way to discover new music that you like.
- Check your file size when downloading music. Most music files are about two to five megabytes. If you find that a file is much smaller, it might be a text file disguised as a music download. By downloading it, you could be putting your computer at risk of viruses, jeopardizing your personal information.
- Use anti-virus protection when you download music. It is better to err on the side of caution. Be cautious when you download anything off the Internet. When using peer to peer, this is even more important. Scan each file prior to opening it. Otherwise, you may end up with something more than music!
- Amazon and iTunes are popular markets for finding downloaded music. You can set up a free account and browse songs from millions of artists. In many cases, you can even listen to a small sample of a song before you buy it. This is a great way to access a lot of music all in one place.
- When you are looking for websites for music downloads, be sure that you are downloading from a reputable distributor. There have been instances when users have downloaded malware along with the song tracks. This will not happen at established digital music distributors with a good reputation. Keep this mind before you click on the download button.
- If you download many music files, consider subscribing to a service. Sites like Rdio and Spotify have millions of tracks you can access for low monthly fees. You can then download music you like to hear offline just like if you were to pay for the download. This can be an inexpensive way of obtaining a variety of tunes.
- Before downloading any music on a new site, make sure you read the reviews on that site to avoid downloading a virus. Read reviews that talk about malware or viruses. If there are any reviews indicating that the website has malicious files, you should avoid it. Even if there are no bad reviews, you should still be careful.
- Watch the file sizes of your music downloads carefully. A normal music download will be somewhere between 2 megabytes and 5 megabytes. If you see something much less or much more, there could be something fishy about the file. It may be spyware and not the song you were hoping it was.
- Make sure you have broadband internet connection if you download music online. If you have a dial-up connection, the download will be much slower and the files will take forever to transfer. So if you want to enjoy your music right away, a broadband connection is the way to go.
If you download music from a peer-to-peer service, take the time to clean up the metadata of the files you get. The metadata is the who, what, and where of the file. Things like the artist name, the album name, the track title, and the genre. A little clean up can go a long way to your digital player being able to deliver the best experience for you. By reading this article, you have learned a lot about downloading music from the Internet. You should know more about the various sites that offer downloads, as well as how to find the songs that you want. Virtually any song ever recorded is available for download, so building a great music library is a snap.